Re: two libuuid.a

On 2010-02-24 10:52, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Probably not.  From my POV it's a bug in the e2fsprogs package to
provide a libuuid.a lib.  It should rely on the w32api provided file and
if something's missing, it should be added there.

The libuuid from e2fsprogs is completely unrelated to the w32api UUID.DLL implib. FWIW, any *NIX software that I've seen obviously wants the e2fsprogs version, but if libuuid-devel is installed (in /usr/lib) then you can't link against the w32api implib with a simple -luuid.

However, unfortunately the e2fsprogs package is orphaned right now.  If
somebody would like to step up as maintainer, please see
http://cygwin.com/setup.html for the details how to become a package
maintainer.

I mentioned this package (and this particular issue) among my overlaps:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.ports.general/736

Yaakov