Re: Setup fails with 1.7 upgrade attempt

On 01/03/2010 18:18, chethcoat@oplink wrote:

> One irritating note:  There is no way I can figure out to get
> setup.exe tell me what version of Cygwin it thinks it's installing.
> How can I verify that the current setup program on the Cygwin web page
> is for 1.7 and not 1.5?

  If it's "setup.exe", it's for 1.7.  If it's "setup-legacy.exe", it's for 1.5.

  As to the main problem, hmmm.  Maybe if you could run it under GDB we might
get a better look at the error.

  I was going to suggest you try a snapshot of setup.exe with debug
information, but something appears to be wrong with the website, I couldn't
find the setup snapshots anywhere.  So try it with the one you've got anyway,
maybe it'll show us something useful.

  Also, do just verify that you aren't having some bizarre network problem or
BLODA connecting.  What do you see if you run "wget -S
http://cygwin.com/mirrors.lst"; in a bash shell?

    cheers,
      DaveK