Re: Problems with qt4, requiring local repair

On 01/03/2010 21:47, Paul Bibbings wrote:

> cyggcc_s-sjlj-1 was not a Cygwin lib.  It does seem, however, that I
> will have to go round for another build on a couple of my compilers
> since I did indeed miss --disable-sjlj-exceptions on gcc-4.4.3 and the
> gcc-4.5.0 snapshot (and a few other things too).  Before I do that, can
> I ask whether it would be appropriate generally to follow the config
> from
>
>    $ /cygdrive/d/CPPProjects/Emacs/cxxtest $gcc-4 -v
>    Using built-in specs.
>    Target: i686-pc-cygwin
>    Configured with:
    [ ... snip ... ]
> if I want to build, say, the latest gcc-4.4.3 release to be my Cygwin
> workhorse gcc compiler (for C++, mainly)?  Suitably adjusted, of course,
> as I only want c,c++ and I want it installed under /opt/gcc-4.4.3.

  Yeh, absolutely; that way you'll avoid running into any binary compatibility
problems with the existing binaries in the distro.

> On the current problem, having tidied up the libraries, I can get a
> basic Qt4 app to build, but I'm not getting any joy running it.  It
> merely hangs at a point that I am still trying to trace through
> debugging with gdb;  and this is building using the Cygwin distro
> gcc-4.3.4.

  Keep us posted; if you think there's a real bug in the compiler or related
runtime support, I'm always interested.

    cheers,
      DaveK