Error about syntax on fstab when cygwin1.dll gets loaded

Every time my cygwin system comes back up, I aways get these 2 messages:

       3 [main] ksh 2964 read_flags: invalid fstab option - 'type'
   160 [main] ksh 2964 read_flags: invalid fstab option - 'type'

I looked into /etc/fstab and did not find the text 'type'. However in /etc/fstab.d/Paul, the following was found:
R: on /cygdrive/r type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Z: on /cygdrive/z type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Is this what is being ^^^complained about?? If so, who wrote this file?? It's time for a shoot-down. (just kidding)

I've been seeing these 2 error message for 2 days now. Well I removed the file 'Paul' and it went away and stayed away. I guess problem solved.