Re: taskkill - error while loading shared libraries - LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

OK, I now know it has nothing to do with LD_LIBRARY_PATH - instead
it's a cygdrive prefix issue.

> 2009-12-07 11:48) and am having trouble running a windows commands
> that I use a lot as part of Cygwin. For example, when I use taskkill I
> get:
>
> /c/WINDOWS/system32/taskkill.exe: error while loading shared
> libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Turns out it was my cygdrive mount was not being set properly. I was
changing the cygdrive mount in my own .bash_profile (via "mount
--change-cygdrive-prefix /") because at the time I was not admin of
the computer and couldn't edit /etc/profile or /etc/fstab. It seems
this is too late: by the time my .bash_profile is evaluated, the PATH
(or something else?) had already been set up and the paths are
screwed.

I fixed up the rights on Windows so I am admin now,  /etc/fstab like so:
none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

And now I can execute the Windows commands as usual.

Rob
:)