Re: Joystick support

Hi,
I am doing a hardware project that exposes some hardware data as a joystick in Linux at /dev/input/js0

I thought I could use Cygwin for testing my programs that use this joystick data but it seems Cygwin does not have the nodes at /dev/js0 and may not be able to read the joystick. Is there any way to get joystick data through this node in Cygwin. I cannot use glut or SDL for joystick input.

Also I do not have a joystick to test with so I am using PPJoy which is a parallel port joystick emulator. It convert mouse movements to joystick movement. It provides an API as well through which its data is accessible

I was thinking perhaps I could make a character file at C:\cygwin\dev\input\js0 and then direct the data from PPjoy to this file in the format expected by my program. Of course this copying of data has to be done in a separate win32 application that will update this file and so it may lock it. In which case my program running in Cygwin cannot access it.

Any ideas on how to do this better ? I need to have some way of getting joystick data into my linux program without using any library.

Abhijit