Re: MIT krb5 on cygwin?

On 2010-03-10 05:53, Marc Girod wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:
> >
> > Let me put it this way.  We would be really glad to have a Cygwin
> > maintainer for an MIT krb5 package.
> >
> I see...
> I gave a try now to krb5-1.8 (instead of looking at the Windows port).
> Configure dies in:
>
> configure:7006: error: Shared libraries are not yet supported on this
> platform.
>
> Not quite sure yet how it got to this conclusion.
> Possibly using an --enable-static flag would get us further.
> I kind of guess there must be a 'standard way' to cope with this.
> I think of this funny libiconv.dll.a file that I saw earlier...
>
> Er... OK, I looked at http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html
> and found 'The import library is a regular UNIX-like .a library...'
>
> But the only Iconv related dll I found was:
>
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin/auto/Text/Iconv/Iconv.dll
>
> so that I don't know what to think.
> Marc

FYI, I did submit some fixed to make heimdal work under cygwin...
depending on what you're trying to accomplish with LDAP heimdal
should be sufficient.  If you're trying to use Windows native
credentials from the MSLSA cache you probably want to link directly
against MIT KfW, but otherwise using heimdal should work fine.

--
Alec Kloss  Email/Jabber:  alec@SetFilePointer.com
PGP key at http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA241980E