Re: cygwin1.7 and Eclipse CDT?

On 15/03/2010 17:23, Bernd Prager wrote:
> Has anybody gotten Eclipse C++ CDT to run with Cygwin 1.7.?

  Yes, I have!

  You need to use the very latest versions of everything, because the fixes
for 1.7 have only just gone in.  It's a cleaner solution than creating fake
1.5 mountpoints to trick it into looking at your 1.7 installation, but as with
all bleeding-edge versions of big packages, you may run into bugs.  It seems
to be OK as far as I've seen so far, basic creating a project, building and
debugging an executable worked for me.

  The 'very latest' versions in question are the milestone 6 pre-releases of
the upcoming Helios release.  This is currently undergoing the upload and
release process, so it'll be another few days until it appears at the primary
download site(*).  However the packages are already propagating to the
mirrors, so here's what I do that gets a fully functioning Eclipse + Cygwin 1.7:

  Download 'eclipse-SDK-3.6M6-win32.zip' from this URL:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.6M6-201003121448/index.php#EclipseSDK

  Download cdt-master-7.0.0-I201003121033.zip from here:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/7.0.0/I.I201003121033/index.html

  Download RSE-runtime-3.1.2.zip from here:
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/R-3.1.2-201002152323/

  Unpack the SDK zip file into your Program Files directory or wherever
convenient.  Unpack the CDT and RSE zip files into their own separate
subdirectories in the 'dropins' folder.  Launch eclipse and away you go :)

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
(*) - http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/helios/m6