Re: allow executing a path in backslash notation

> I checked this situation in cmd.exe, and it is not capable of using
> paths relativ to %Path%.  In other words, if %Path% contains a path
> c:\foo and you have two files C:\foo\baz.exe and C:\foo\bar\baz.exe,
> then calling "baz" works, but calling "bar\baz" fails.

I only meant resolving relative commands against the current directory.  That is, regardless of %PATH%, bar\baz is allowed to resolve if the current directory is c:\foo.

The absolute paths are already resolved.

My patch allows relative and absolute commands in backslash notation, as the test case shows.

> So, yes, maybe we should care for this situation but it's not something
> to worry about a lot.  I'll look into it again at some point after 1.7.2
> has been released.

Thanks.