Re: cygwin Digest 16 Mar 2010 19:15:45 -0000 Issue 6926

                       2010.03.18.16:13:51 UT

Hi Gregg and CygWin folks,

      I found the PGP/GPG key, and confirmed
the validity of the setup.exe.

      As for the blocking, my college hires
Cymphonix to do this for them, and then the
college Information Svces. guys stay com-
pletely away from any issues that arise.
Frustrated or confused?  I'm not entirely
convinced that their security-besotted brains
contain enough neurons for that kind of
processing.  They would say that they neither
block nor un-block anything.  It is up to
Cymphonix.

The IS guys gave me the address for the Cymphonix
group, and I had to e-mail those people for a
couple of days before they decided to un-block
the http://cygwin.com/setup.exe link.

Cymphonix apparently does not wish to deal with
actual customers.  They never replied to my
e-mails; just un-blocked the link.

I am now better informed about what awaits me
on the wild, wild frontier of the internet.
The issue (and these threads) is well and
thoroughly closed.

George                    gbarrick@walsh.edu