Re: cannot create files with trailing dots on network share

On 3/18/2010 7:03 PM, Douglas Seay wrote:
Iâve had some problems, and it looks like it boils down to handling .
(dot) characters. I created a little script to create some files with
dots in various places. This script works fine in my $HOME directory
(C:\cygwin\home\SEAYD). The name is wrong when the last character of the
filename is a dot and subdir is on a network share (H: in this case).
The rest of the file operations seem to work because when I cat them,
you can see the file name inside the body (yes, I left of the \n).

Please *attach* (*not append*) the cygcheck output as requested by:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

We also need to know the server type (Windows, Linux, netapp, etc), service type (SAMBA, NFS), and file system type (NTFS, FAT, something else) of the shared directory.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746