Re: cygwin-1.7: mv appends .exe extension to .bat and .com files

> Had the same problem, cp and mv appending exe to nearly everything.
> After I upgraded coreutils from 8.4.1 to 8.4.2 the issue has been resolved.

I have coreutils 7.0-2 and "mv" seems to work correctly for me,
however I see that both rsync and rdiff-backup add the .exe suffix
when copying an executable file to a FAT filesystem (for instance,
when backing up on my USB drive).

This is not a big deal for most cygwin programs (except "diff -r" and
"cygpath -d"), they all usually accept "bla.exe" as equivalent of
"bla", but win32 clients would definitely have problems.

-- Ilya