Re: recvfrom + MSG_PEEK = broken?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 05:01:00PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 22 10:56, Charles Wilson wrote:
On Mar 22 02:04, Charles Wilson wrote:
I've been tracking down a problem in xinetd. It appears to be an issue
with using MSG_PEEK in recvfrom() on UDP sockets.

Yes, that's a bug in Cygwin. The socket event handling got messed up when MSG_PEEK was used. I fixed that in CVS so it will be in 1.7.2.

Confirmed: fixes both my testcase, and the error in xinetd. Thanks for the quick turnaround! I was about ready to pull my hair out on this

Sure. I'm glad I had a simple testcase for a socket problem. If only somebody would come up with an equally simple testcase for the rsync problem...

I thought the rsync problem was due to the fact that select for write on pipes is unreliable.

Could be -- Eliot Moss