Re: minimal installation

On 4/2/2010 9:56 AM, wefwef wefwef wrote:
> Is it possible that the installer is getting confused by my existing
> cygwin installation?

Yes, if you attempt to download only with setup.exe, it will use your
most recent Cygwin installation path to figure out what packages you
already have installed such that they can be selected by default.  It
doesn't matter that you change the package location to something
different than you used when you installed your primary Cygwin instance.

> I want to keep that installation, I use it for work - I am trying to
> create a seperate minimal installation for diffrerent machines.

Try temporarily renaming your current Cygwin installation before running
setup.exe.  You can then perform a download only action into a new
package location, and only the packages in the Base category should be
selected by default.

-Jeremy