Show window for BASH script run with /bin/run

I am running a bash script under cygwin from within another (non-cygwin)
program.  The script normally does not interact with the user, so I use
/usr/bin/run when running the script to avoid having a bash window
constantly popping up and going away.  However, if the script encounters an
error, I need to show the user what went wrong.  What I am looking for is a
way for the script to show the hidden window if it encounters an error.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.