Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.7.3-1

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 10:32:53AM -0500, Tim McDaniel wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 05:42:05PM +1000, Rurik Christiansen wrote:
* How do I know what the current release is ? (e.g. is there
something like /etc/redhat-release or whatever ? The docs mention
/var/log/setup ... but is not clear at all)

... Otherwise, as Dave Korn suggests, you can *read the website*.

I suppose that "/etc/redhat-release" is not as well-known a concept as he or I had thought.

You're assuming too much.

Given that several people replied with information about the version available on the Web (though often also mentioning information on local versions), I think not.

The Cygwin distribution doesn't come from Red Hat so calling
something /etc/redhat-release wouldn't make much sense.

Which is why the original question had "e.g.", "something like", and "whatever", and I wrote "concept".

Thank you for the information on multiple version numbers with Cygwin,
and how a single identifier would not make much sense.

--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd@panix.com