Re: Intermittent pipe creation failures of commands within bash.exe and sh.exe script run

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 10:33:41PM +0100, Walker, Leon E wrote:

>Recently installed 1.7.3 onto Windows Server 2008 R2 - 64 bit (clean
>install but have prior experience of 1.5 running on Windows Server
>2003)
>
>Have many scripts which previously worked fine on 1.5
>
>I have noticed frequent unpredictable failures of the form:
>
>  ......  *** fatal error - couldn't create signal pipe, Win32 error 1

Win32 error 1 translates to ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION.  I don't see how
that could be a sporadic problem.  The function would either be valid or
it would be invalid.

>The problems seems to be more prevalent when the server is under load
>but the point at which the failure seems completely random. As a
>precaution I upped the default heap size (using the recommended
>regtool) to 2048Mb but this seems to have made no difference. The
>problems doe not appear to be repeatble and so it is difficult
>pinpoint where the problem might lay. The server has 4 CPUs and 4Gb
>memory assigned to it (it is Vmware Virtual Machine - although this
>should not have any bearing?)
>
>Help?

I'd check for other things running on the system which might be
interfering.

cgf