Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: git-1.7.0.4-2, git{k,-gui,-completion,-svn}-1.7.0.4-2

On 4/8/2010 4:50 PM, FrÃdÃric Bron wrote:
Therefore, this build turns those features back on.
However, it means that this version does assume that you are not using
FAT or FAT32 to hold your repositories, since they do not store file
permissions very accurately.

So I have stopped updating cygwin since the first time this message appears because I am using git on FAT32 usb hard drives. What should be the issues I could get? I am using FAT32 because I have never been able to use ntfs without permission problems when using the hard disk on another computer. What else could I do?

Switch to NTFS and set the permissions you need where you need them to the well-known SID of world/Everyone? See:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa379649%28VS.85%29.aspx>

Holliston, MA 01746