Re: 1.7.3: Backspace key not working in GNU screen.

> So, what we really need to implement is what you proposed.

It sounds as though no change is required in screen for this.  I trust someone
will let me know if it turns out otherwise.

screen is an ancient program from the dim mists of early terminal days, so I'm
not surprised that it has some problems of this kind.  I understand very little
of its internals myself, but I know that an aspirational version 4 has been in
development for a long time and that a lot of this sort of problem has been
cleaned up.