Re: Proposal for changes to behavior in package list

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 04:58:18PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>...There's certainly been discussion about doing just that.

And, therein lies the problem with all of these well-meaning suggestions
about fixing setup.exe.  No matter how much I gesticulate I don't seem
to be able to get two points across:

1) It's not likely that any proposal will be so revolutionary that it
has not been mentioned before.

2) It's not likely that anyone is going to jump on a suggestion and
implement it.

I don't know why people keep proposing stuff like there is someone here
writing things down, looking for things to implement.  Anyone who works
on setup.exe has their own ideas about how things should be fixed.  The
problem isn't a lack of ideas.  It's a lack of time/energy/interest.

cgf