Problems with paths.

I installed cygwin, when compiling (my IDE is DEV-CPP) returned the
following error message:

cygwin warning
MS-DOS-style path detected: C \ cygwin \ usr \ diego \ tst.c
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: / usr / diego / tst.c
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html # using-pathnames

I accessed the site: http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html #
using-pathnames and looked at how the ways in cygwin.

Then go to: cygpath http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html #
That site says the cygpath converts the paths automatically.

If it does it automatically, what's wrong? Why GCC does not compile?
It returns this error message and aborts?

Can anyone help me?

PS: Using windows XP. Dev-cpp

Thank you.

Moises Deangelo