Re: Resizing a terminal window

J. David Boyd wrote:
> I don't think it is a Cygwin issue at all. ÂAnd, I'm certain it is a
> remote server problem, as it works on many boxes.
>
> I was just looking for some help and ideas, and the Cygwin list seemed a
> good place to start since I use Cygwin.

Right. This list is all about the misery of using Cygwin though.

> ÂI re-discovered the
> shopt parameter of checkwinsize, which is what controls Bash monitoring
> the window size from my prior message.

Bash also sets LINES and COLUMNS when it receives a SIGWINCH ("window
change") signal, apparently independent of 'checkwinsize'. Only the
foreground process gets that signal though. So without 'checkwinsize',
the setting of those variables depends on whether bash was in the
foreground when the terminal was resized.

Andy