Re: V1.7 and endless loops triggerd by junction points

Matthias Meyer wrote:
> I've installed cygwin 1.7 in Vista and have two problems, not known prior
> with cygwin 1.5.25:
>
> 1) If I login in a shell (e.g. sh --login -i) I can not use cursor or
> backspace keys. It seems that the cursor can't go into the left direction.
> Cursor up will resolve in one line like:
> $ tail /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes$ ls -alh /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes
> instead two different lines like
> $ tail /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes
> $ ls -alh /cygdrive/c/Attrib/attributes

Weird. Messed up tty settings perhaps. How and where are you running
that shell? What's the output of 'stty -a'? Also, cygcheck output as
requested at http://cygwin.com/problems.html might be helpful.

> 2) In the opposite to V1.5.25 "ls -alh /cygdrive/c/users/" shows the Vista
> Junction points like linux soft links. That is nice :-)
> But the Windows Program "attrib /S /D" will follow this symbolic links and
> therefore it comes into an endless loop. e.g.:
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\..
> This behaviour will take place too if I run it with "cmd /c attrib"
> Both above means by running it within a bash shell. If I run attrib from a
> cmd box it work correct.

I don't see how that could possibly be the fault of Cygwin or bash.
It's a Windows program dealing with a Windows filesystem feature. Sure
you're actually running the same 'attrib' in both environments?

Andy