Using cron with network share

I am having difficulty getting cron tasks to recognize network share paths. Running cygwin dll version 1.7.3, I have a system fstab (/etc/fstab) mounting a network share. Seems to work fine from an interactive shell. cron has been installed with cron-config to run as a system service. In cron.log, however, I can see that the network share is not recognized. I've tried running the cron service both as system and under my own login - no difference.

>From the shell:
~> ls /sfcore
STEVENS  BANDY  BOYNTON  HENWOOD Procedures  ROYER  TIMENS
~>

>From ~/cron.log:
ls: cannot access /sfcore: No such file or directory

The crontab file:
*/5  * * * * ls /sfcore

The fstab file:
~> cat /etc/fstab
# For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
# http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

# This is default anyway:
# none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
S:/SFCore    /sfcore     ntfs   binary,acl,posix=0,nouser 0 0

fwiw, I attach ~/cron.log and the output of cygcheck,