Re: 1.7.x: svn does nothing and returns

On 6/22/2010 9:49 AM, Steven Woody wrote:
> On 22 June 2010 23:18, Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On 2010-06-22 14:57Z, Steven Woody wrote:
>>>
>>> After I upgraded my cygwin to the latest version.
>>
>>    Cygwin DLL version info:
>>        DLL version: 1.7.1
>>        Build date: Mon Dec 7 11:48:55 CET 2009
>>
>> I think the latest is 1.7.5 .

This is the problem. The current version of Subversion depends on APIs
not available in Cygwin 1.7.1.

> it's strange... After I found the issue, I uninstall and reinstall the
> subversion yesterday, and I think, the cygwin should also got upgraded
> to the most recent version. Is it right?

In your cygcheck output, I see that the version of the DLL in
c:\cygwin\bin is 1.7.1, but setup believes 1.7.5 is installed. Perhaps
the DLL was in use when you last updated and it was never successfully
replaced.

You should shut down all your Cygwin processes (including the BrlAPI
service) and then reinstall cygwin-1.7.5-1 (just the cygwin package).

If the setup program tells you it can't replace a DLL because it's in
use, pay attention. Try to fix the problem before continuing.

"Remember, extremism in the nondefense of moderation is not a virtue."
                -- Peter Neumann, about usenet