Re: nokogiri Load Error

> > $irb
> > irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
> > => false

> This is not a Cygwin question but rather a Ruby question.

Yes, realized what was happening after my post, but did not
know how to delete my post. The above is not related to my problem,
actually works fine.

> Cygwin environment, you have probably the RUBYOPT environment variable
> set to include "-rubygems" or something very similar such that the
> rubygems module is automatically loaded.

That is exactly what was happening.

> To address your first question which started this thread, it appears
> that your installation of nokogiri did not complete successfully.  Did
> you check to confirm whether or not
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.2/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.so is
> actually there?

nokogiri.so is indeed in

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.2/lib/nokogiri

> My guess is that you don't have the gcc package

gcc is installed, and I have been building other libraries.

So this is error again from irb:

irb(main):002:0> require 'nokogiri'
LoadError: No such file or directory -
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.2/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.so
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.2/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.so
from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
from (irb):2

I have even tried pointing:

RUBYLIB=/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.2/lib/nokogiri

...with no result.

The strange part is the "No such file or directory". It seems that if
the library was failing to load it would give a different message. But
since the library is indeed there, it is interesting.

I just went through and added group 'Users' to libsml2 and libxslt, libexslt,
in case that was a problem. I noticed there was not a group assigned in
the libraries I installed.

Actually, I am wondering at this point if it is the copies of the above
libraries I am building against that could be the problem. However, I do
believe it is the libraries at xmlsoft.org I built against.

Cheers,

   Jet