Re: Cygwin extremely slow after updating from 1.5.1 to 1.7.5

On 12 July 2010 23:48, Jet Thompson wrote:
>> Running a cucumber test takes 5-6 minutes.
>>
>> Any idea what could be causing this?
>
> I have installed spork.
>
> Time is now 45.2 seconds running Cucumber from
> within e text editor.
>
> Time is 32 seconds running Cucumber from the command
> line (bash).
>
> Is this the best I should expect from running Cucumber within
> Cygwin, or is something still out of whack with my environment?

"Spork"? "Cucumber"? Neither of those are either Cygwin packages or
widely known programs, so a bit of context would have been nice.
They're certainly not supported on this list.

Do they fork lots of processes? In that case, the answer might well be yes.

Otherwise, are any network drives involved in your setup? Those can be
rather slow with Cygwin.

Andy