Re: git and openssh issue

On 7/22/2010 8:19 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 7/22/2010 6:44 PM, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>
> It is not that unreproducible... It fails maybe 5 out of 6 tries.  If
> you can get it to work 10 out of 10 times then I would say you don't
> have the problem.

I'm actually able to reproduce this early EOF error during cloning 100%
under the following scenario:

$ cd /tmp
$ git clone --bare git://cmake.org/cmake.git
$ git clone localhost:/tmp/cmake.git cmake-test

This is all under Cygwin using all binary mounts on Windows XP SP 3.
Cygwin, ssh, and git are all updated to current versions:

Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygwin               1.7.5-1        OK
git                  1.7.1-1        OK
openssh              5.5p1-2        OK

I haven't tried the other configurations I mentioned yet, but if there
is someone who has the ability to debug this in more depth, this looks
like a quick and readily reproducible test case.

-Jeremy