Re: How to pass parameters to a windows application

Hi Jason,

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Jason Pyeron <jpyeron@pdinc.us> wrote:
> I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to execute this in bash
>
> C:\WINDOWS>cmd /c "start "" "C:\Documents and Settings\All
> Users\Desktop\projects\crisfield\trunk\etc""

Based on your prompt, I'd say that you're not in bash.

cmd /c start "c:\Documents and Settings\"

works for me. From the cmd prompt,

cmd /c "start "c:\Documents and Settings""

works. I wrote a little program called open,
http://www.davehylands.com/Software/Open/

which opens files the same way as double clicking on them. It also
translates cygwin paths into Win32 paths if you build the cygwin
version.
If passed a directory name, it does the same as choosing "Explore".

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada