Re: Accessing SMB shares without explicit mounting

Quoting "Jeremy Bopp" <jeremy@bopp.net>:

It sounds like your Samba configuration requires authentication in order
to access this share.  Are you able to access the share as
\\server\share using the Windows file explorer without first mapping the
share to a drive or authenticating in some other way?  Cygwin uses
Windows to handle this sort of operation, so if Windows can't access the
share without authentication, neither can Cygwin.

If authentication is required, you'll either need to map the share to a
drive letter or reconfigure your Samba share to allow guests to have
read and possibly write access depending on your needs.

Thank you - this has pointed me in the right direction...

The main problem I've got now is how to allow write access to the share from this scenario without allowing it from outside... but I am working on that.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil@tinsleyviaduct.com

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.