Re: diff /usr/include/endian.orig.h /usr/include/endian.h > endian.h.diff

> Umm - did you copy straight from glibc's endian.h? ÂThat's a no-no;
> cygwin generally doesn't want to borrow LGPL sources to avoid any
> licensing questions (borrowing from BSD is okay, on the other hand).
> You would have to implement things from scratch from a documentation
> page, or copy from a less-questionable source, rather than using glibc's
> implementation.
>
> I'm stopping right here, so I don't risk tainting myself. ÂHow about you
> instead describe which macros you are missing, so someone can do a
> clean-room implementation of those macros.

  After sleep I remembered the error that I posted first, that proves
that I did not copy from glibc:

+ #ifdef _BSD_SOURCE
+ #if __BYTE_ORDER == __LITTLE_ENDIAN
+
+ #include <byteswap.h>

  If I would have copied from glibc this out-of-order code would be as
it must be.

  And regarding the many (x) I can explain them: I could use any
acceptable character, but I chose x for 2 reasons:

1) I, and probably most of you, learned equations at school using x
and y, to draw the points along the axes;
2) The x glyph represents the different ways to represent the same number:

  As a child, I once asked an Unix sysadmin that used a real TTY:
"-You are telling me that are two different ways to order the 4 bytes
of a number. But I can imagine many more ways to represent the same
number. For example: 1324 or 1423. ?"

  I thought to use (i) of integer, but its glyph does not remember the
proverb about Rome.