Re: endless problems with SSHD - bug ??

On 8/17/2010 5:28 PM, Bob Goldberg wrote:
running cygwin 1.7.6; trying to copy files from a win2k wkstn to a win2k
server.
running within a windows domain; but not using domain for authentication;
using public keys.

I have read every bit of content I can find, and can't find any answers to
my problems. I:
1) HAVE installed sshd with the host-config script
2) rebaseall&  peflagsall after last install/update
3) have checked EVERY entry in any conf file I can think of/locate

Maybe I should start with what I want, and where I'm at. It's the pursuit of
what I want that has led me down DOZENS of tangential problematic paths.

I simply want to copy files from 1 pc to another using a script initiated by
either a user or cron entry. Ideally this would happen using scp into a
chroot'ed environment.

chroot on Cygwin is completely faked. Don't use it. It will cause headaches.

As for your problem with ssh <command>, you've apparently missed this
appropriately titled tidbit in your googling:

<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01050.html>

This may just be because you're trying to use 'rbash' as your login shell.
I didn't test that theory.

Holliston, MA 01746