mintty hangs after SSH disconnect

The following scenario keeps happening more often than I like:

I open a mintty console with a ssh:
C:\cygwin17\bin\mintty.exe /bin/bash --login -c "/usr/bin/ssh -Y lablinux1"

(time passes)
I set the computer to sleep (the power button is reconfigured to sleep
instead of shutdown).

When I come back (usually the next day) and bring the computer back
up, the SSH connection is lost:
"Write error: connection reset by peer"

This is understandable, considering the long time gap with no connection.
The normal behavior is that after pressing Enter, the mintty window disappears.

However, sometimes at this point mintty is consuming 100% CPU and has
to be killed manually.
Any ideas how/what to investigate?