Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] NEW: {libtirpc/libtirpc1/libtirpc-devel}-0.2.1-1

On 08/25/2010 09:36 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
Unless I rebuild with renamed versions, and bump the API number.

Or, don't bump the API number and break stuff. Since it is a new
package, and so far only Erick's private libvirt seems to use it, I'm
actually leaning that way.

Eric, any thoughts?

libtirpc is new enough, and I haven't distributed my built libvirt anywhere, that I would be just fine with a -2 without a new API number, if that makes life easier for you. Ultimately, I do plan on doing an ITP for libvirt. Right now, we don't really have any native VMs like qemu working under cygwin, and kvm is out of the question without access to the kernel; but a cygwin-built libvirt _is_ capable of doing remote control of VMs hosted on another machine. But the ITP can wait until we are happy with the libtirpc situation.