Re: difference running from cmd vs. bash?

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Linda Walsh  wrote:
> In Bash:
>>
>> winmgmt /verifyrepository
>
> WMI repository verification failed
> Error code: ?0x8007007E

That is the COM error code for "The specified module could not be found".
Perhaps bash has altered the PATH.

Do you get the same error when running winmgmt without any parameters?
If yes, here's how to find out which DLL is not found:

cugcheck 'c:\Windows\System32\Wbem\winmgmt.exe'

This will give you a list of which DLLs are loaded and which ones are missing.