Re: Inability to delete *or rename* CWD of any program driving me nuts

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 09:22:40AM -0700, Daniel Colascione wrote:
>On 9/3/10 12:45 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>If you read the announcement and followed the discussions on this list,
>>you know why we had to do it.  If it helps to share the pain, I don't
>>like it either.  Not the faintest.
>
>Of course I have, and I understand the workaround.  What I don't
>understand is why the pipefs technique (for which you had working code,
>IIRC) wasn't used in the end.  Was it the difficulty of changing
>cygtools to use the new interface?  The additional interface
>complexity?  Personally, I'd argue both are worth it.

We're already using the pipefs technique.  We just aren't making it the
default.  Since you are subscribed to cygwin-developers, the time to
speak up was when this was discussed there rather than trying to rehash
the discussion here.

cgf