Re: .exe magic reloaded

2010/9/6 Al:
>> The magic is to *add* the .exe suffix automatically, not *removing* it
>
> Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!
>
> That is one point I missed. The magic is still more limited than I
> assumed. It felt to work bidirectional.
>
> I have tested this. The unidirectonal magic also works for symlinks,
> if the symlink has the .exe suffix itself.
>
> Back to the starting point. It follows the sysmlink should be:
>
> /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/bin/tr.exe -> /home/prefix/gentoo/bin/tr.exe
>
> ? instead of
>
> /home/prefix/gentoo/usr/bin/tr -> /home/prefix/gentoo/bin/tr.exe
>
> Then it would proxy all available .exe magic and even Perls
> "Configure" would work.

I got a little bit confused now. Should I report now upstream at Perl
that Configure
has a problem by adding .exe, or is it just a problem with your layout?

AFAIK perl does not symlink tr.exe, just its own files when using -Dmksymlinks.
And failing to read a wrong tr.exe symlink does not look like perls fault.
--
Reini Urban