RE: Windows-style pathname does not work as command - why?

> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:56:37 -0400
> From: daniel
> To: cygwin
> Subject: Re: Windows-style pathname does not work as command - why?
>

> Not yet. Cygpath certainly supports Windows-style paths. Are you
> claiming that places like that are the only place that it is "accepted"
> to use Windows-styles paths (that is, if something like "ls 'C:\x\y'" quit
> working, it likely wouldn't be fixed)?

I'm answering more generally than just "ls".
Everything is ultimately on a case by case basis. If it stops working
because of a conflict with an important posixy thing, then it is likely
gone. If it just stops working because of an update to some package,
then if someone (the package maintainer or some motivated user) wants it
fixed, it can be fixed. But clearly SHTDI.

I think that it is time for this thread to move to the cygwin talk list.

Thanks,

...Karl