warning messages while deleting cygwin folder

hi, i am trying to completely delete cygwin from my system, as it is taking
up too much hard disk space. i followed the instructions at the cygwin.com
FAQ by first removing any subscribed services. this worked fine. then, i
went on to delete the c:\cygwin folder. but i received 2 warning messages,
asking me if i want to delete 'copying' and 'changelog' which are both
system files and that deleting them might affect other programs. after
choosing not to delete either, the dialog box 'error deleting file or
folder' appears, stating 'cannot remove folder help: the directory is not
empty'.

should i delete these 2? and any other such warnings thereafter? thanks.

bobby