Re: simplifying rebaseall

> And it invites casual use without understanding the what and why. ?This
> means
> more people using it for no reason and more problems using it when it is
> needed because people don't understand the requirements to make it work
> (i.e. *nobody* will read the readme... wait, there's a readme? ;-) ).

Hmm, how does information work currently? I found the hint to run
rebase somewhere in a blog, when I was hunting down a bug. Others will
be told on this list to run rebase all without the hint of a readme.
You can verify this be reading the lists archive. The only hint you
find in the FAQ is below the topic "Terminal Server machine". Who is
finding that?

I wouldn't even have an idea how to find and read this readme while
using ash. I was reading the sources before finding the readme all. I
have 10 years of Linux experience and even I didn't expect there was a
readme around in this case. If you want to make sure people are
informed before running it, it would be an option to display a small
text when the script is starting, with the hint to the readme. That
would even work with a link from the start menu.

If there is a danger that people run rebase all without reading the
readme, there is a similar danger that people give up Cygwin, before
they ever discover that they could solve their issues by running
rebaseall.

Al