Re: 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) - Cannot change mode of file, and other permission issues on a Windows fileshare

On Sep 20 16:45, Keith Christian wrote:
> Receiving this message whenever I try to check in files to local RCS
> directories on this machine.  Same issue occurs on CVS.  Wondering if
> a setting was changed somewhere, this has been happening for over a
> month now.

Is that a remote drive?  If so, did your admin set the share mode to
"Change" rather than using "Full Control" and set appropriate NTFS
permissions?  If so, either harass your admin to revert this to "Full
Control" and useful NTFS permissions, or try to mount the share with
"noacl" mount option.  For the mount options, see the User's Guide at
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

Corinna

Red Hat