Re: git stopped working with 1.7.1

And, when I tried this, it pointed to an actual problem in git rather than a problem in Cygwin so that limits what is meant by "developer".

Isn't git normally used for source control management by programmers?
If this is such a bad problem why isn't one of those programmers looking
into it and proposing a fix?  That's one of the reasons for free
software - you can fix the problems yourself.

And, before someone inevitably opines that I'm just being mean, I have
to point out that this really is how many open source projects work.
People who are not maintainers actually do propose fixes.

I agree.

Also, I admit that I am fishing for a developer that might be interested in fixing this. I also wanted to make the connection between the threads so that if someone did want to take a look at this, they would know how to reproduce it.

Christopher, I did have a question on the old thread that went un-answered. I was wondering exactly what process you used to determine that it was git that was having a stack issue. It would be helpful as a starting point for a developer to try and fix this issue. I would be interested in repeating your experiment myself if I had that information.

Thanks.

-Bill