does the `notexec' mount option influence file access performance on a server?

Hello,

I have the following /etc/fstab entry

//server/mirko/ /z dont_care binary,posix=0,user,noacl,notexec 0 0

for a server directory where I store my backups.  I will not be using
any of those files as executables.  I have cygwin running on my
desktop.

The manual states that the `exec' option avoids the overhead of
opening each file to determine whether it is an executable or not.

Will the notexec option also improve reduce the overhead?

Thanks,

Mirko