Re: trouble posting to cygwin-apps

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 17:29 -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 10/5/2010 4:46 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > Will this include fixes for WIN32 being erroneously defined for cygwin?
> > http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10122
> >
> > This just bit me trying to build opencv; no, I don't want
> >      window_w32.cpp cvcap_vfw.cpp cvcap_cmu.cpp
> >      cvcap_w32.cpp cvcap_dshow.cpp
> > added to my cygwin build of opencv, since doing so breaks the build...
>
> No, it will not.  I don't think all of those issues have even been
> resolved in the development branch of CMake due to backwards
> compatibility concerns.  However, this is more of a discussion for the
> CMake developer mailing list.

Bill,

As you are aware, my CMake build in Ports contains the necessary
patches.  We (Cygwin package managers) need WIN32 to be undefined for
software to build in a *NIX/X11 mode on Cygwin, and we are not concerned
with backwards compatibility with what we perceive to be incorrect
behaviour.  Without these changes, many of us will still need to rely on
Ports' CMake, continuing the conflicts between Ports and the distro
which I am trying to eliminate.

Secondly, Qt4 has been available for some time, so cmake-gui can now be
provided.  Due to the substantial additional dependencies of Qt, this
should be a separate binary package; my .cygport shows how this can be
done.

My patches for 2.8.2 are available here:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=devel/cmake

Regardless of the current upstream state, I must ask you to include
these patches for our distribution so that your cmake packages will be
useful to us in the meantime, until we can find a mutually agreeable
solution.

Yaakov