Re: emacs-23.2-3 and DBus

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

>> The binary has the following checksum:
>>
>> $ cksum /usr/bin/emacs
>> 658187514 16254990 /usr/bin/emacs
>
> That's not actually the binary; it's a symlink that resolves to either
> /usr/bin/emacs-X11.exe or /usr/bin/emacs-nox.exe, depending on whether
> or not you've installed the emacs-X11 package.  Is it possible that
> you upgraded the emacs package but are still using an old emacs-X11?
> If not, I don't know what the problem could be.  If you can't figure
> it out, you could try giving the command
>
>   cygcheck -svr > cygcheck.out
>
> and sending the resulting cygcheck.out as an attachment.  Maybe I (or
> someone) will be able to spot something.

I haven't the cygwin notebook with me, next access for me is tomorrow.
I'll check then.

The only difference I could imagine is that I haven't started the system
bus; only the session bus was running. Could you, please, check with
your environment? Maybe there is still a problem.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.