Re: emacs-23.2-3 and DBus

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

>> Yep. Reading the code, I have the feeling, that the following patch
>> should help:
> [...]
>
> No, I still get the freeze if I load dbus and the system bus isn't running.

That's strange. Today, I could test under cygwin. I've recompiled the
sources from the emacs-23 branch, and I could reproduce the
problem. After applying the patch, Emacs didn't freeze anymore. What's
the difference to your environment?

I have applied the patch, slightly modified, to the emacs-23
branch; it makes sense anyway. Could you, please, check it again?

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.