Re: cygwin + xwin in win7 as unprivileged user?

On 06/10/2010 22:15, davidstvz wrote:
It's a multiuser windows 7 lab environment where the only thing I can count
on is that the individual users will do whatever they want to.  I'm having
to forcibly kill the x-windows process rather than just use a plain signal
termination.  It's ignoring a vanilla taskkill.  I haven't tried kill from
inside cygwin.

Yes, there seems to be a bug with Xwin that is doesn't respond correctly to being non-forcibly killed by taskkill. Thanks for drawing my attention that :-)