Re: nodosfilewarning not working

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> You haven't provided the exact steps to show what doesn't work.  This:

> isn't much to go on.  If you just type if from the CMD prompt you get
> the expected warning.  What, precisely, did you do which you expected
> to work?  You need to show the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
>
>>>c:\>set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning
>>>c:\>C:\cygwin\bin\bash --login C:\test\test.sh
>>>
>>>You may need to create a .bat file if you want to just do the latter.
>>
>>As per my original post, this most definitely does *not* work.  Have
>>you tried this yourself yet?
>
> Yes, I tried it.  I tried it from the CMD prompt (which is where I
> tested this when I first implemented it) and I tried it from a .bat
> file.  Both work as expected, i.e., no warning.

I just tried running the batch file directly (as a per the commands listed
above), and the warning is now suppressed. Because I was calling it from
another batch file, the env variable was of course lost.
So my mistake here, although this is an easy trap to fall into for the
unaware!
Thanks for your patience,
Cheers!