svnserve as a service

Hi list!

I tried to run svnserve as a windows service using the --service option, as explained in the SVN book. The service didn't start, reporting error 1053 instead. After a lot of googling and MSDN KB reading, I finally realised that it wasn't a service or local account rights problem, no, the version of svnserve shipped with cygwin simply doesn't support the --service option!

Is this intended? If so, why? What about a proper error message instead of that weird timeout error (which pops up instantly)? Is it a stupid idea to create and start a windows service from cygwin? I can't see the reason.

In case it isn't intended - please fix! :)

Best regards,
Spam Bouncer

--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit