Re: Sending signals to a subprocess

On 18.10.2010 15:36, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/18/2010 4:46 AM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
On 16.10.2010 20:17, Ken Brown wrote:
I could use some help fixing a longstanding bug in the Cygwin build of
emacs, in which emacs is unable to send signals to subprocesses.

This off top but I use native Emacs and have annoying bug:

in C-x shell if I start cygwin app it can not be broken by C-c C-c (try
run 'yes' utility).

Yes, this is a known problem with native emacs and is documented in etc/PROBLEMS. But Cygwin emacs will no longer have this problem as of Emacs 23.3.
Did you mean

** Interrupting Cygwin port of Bash from Emacs doesn't work.

Cygwin 1.x builds of the ported Bash cannot be interrupted from the
MS-Windows version of Emacs.  This is due to some change in the Bash
port or in the Cygwin library which apparently make Bash ignore the
keyboard interrupt event sent by Emacs to Bash.  (Older Cygwin ports
of Bash, up to b20.1, did receive SIGINT from Emacs.)